Student Show 2024
March 21 - April 28, 2024
Deadline for Submissions: Thursday, March 14 at 4 p.m.
We are thrilled to once again put together a Gallery Show of work from our talented Wesleyan Potters students.
This exhibit will feature the work created by Adult and Youth Students who have attended Wesleyan Potters classes or workshops since January 2022 including pottery, ceramic sculpture, weaving, tapestry, metalsmithing, enamelware, sewing, felting and basketry.
Student Show guidelines are as follows:
- Applications and directions for submittal will be available in the studio and Gallery shop.
- Students may submit up to three pieces. Note a set counts as one submission.
- Students may offer their work for sale, but this is not a requirement to participate in the show.
- All pieces of work crafted at Wesleyan Potters are accepted including pottery, ceramic sculpture, weaving, tapestry, metalsmithing, enamelware, sewing, felting, and basketry.
- Pottery students should be aware of firing schedules when deciding on which pieces to display.
- Work should be dropped off during regular Gallery Shop hours between February 21 - March 14, 2024.
- The deadline to submit work is Thursday, March 14 at 4 p.m.
- Deadline to pick up any remaining items after the show is Wednesday, May 1 at 4 p.m.
- General quality guidelines apply. They can be found at the bottom of the page on our website here. Wesleyan Potters reserves the right to remove or not accept any work for any reason at any time. The entry of your artwork constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
We will have an opening reception for your show on Friday, March 22 from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
We hope you take this opportunity to share the wonderful work you've been making with family and friends, to share tips and success stories with your peers and colleagues, and to celebrate your progress as an artist and a maker. We want to share with the community what we see here every day: our students are an incredibly talented group of unique individuals who make outstanding work. We look forward to your submissions!
It is very important that everyone assists in advertising and spreading the word. Please use your own email and social media as soon as possible to encourage your friends and family to attend! Help us promote the Student Show by sharing photos of work you are submitting or making for the show on social media and tagging us @wesleyanpotters or using the hashtags #wesleyanpotters #wpstudentshow #wpstudentwork
All students are encouraged to participate in this show and should talk with their instructor, our Key Members, or staff for guidance. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. 860-347-5925
ART IS NOT WHAT YOU SEE BUT
WHAT YOU MAKE OTHERS SEE.
~ EDGAR DEGAS